Function food solutions
Looking for Function Food Solutions? Function season is a great time of year to bring people together, thank them, celebrate and appreciate one another. Naturally, food is a big part of this… But trying to put together food that will taste good + tick all the dietary boxes can be difficult.
Here are some tips, tricks and ideas to help you tackle this function season.
Considerations for the PERFECT platter:
- Be dietary conscious – include something for everyone
- Serve enough dipping sauces – Avoid serving a dry platter.
- Be creative – Food is social – why not make it a conversation starter.
- Offer Variety– Provide different tastes and textures across your platter.
TIP: Try themed platters to take people places with your flavour profiles. E.g.
- Mexican Fiesta
- Asian Fusion
- Greek-inspired antipasto platter
- Sweet and Salty
Board Options to try:
- A Wooden serving paddle is a popular choice
- Breadboard/chopping board – even side by side to make a bigger grazing table
- Baking paper on a baking tray (which have handy sides)
- Marble serving platter – for elegance
- Cake stand
- Baking paper across the surface of a table – you can fill up the whole table with food this way
- Add different levels to a larger grazing table – using wooden serving boards with legs and 2-3 tier stands
- A long plank spread across two slices of tree trunks adds height and interest to the table
TIP: Swirl any dips into ramekins, and top with olive oil, seeds or chopped herbs
Consider your Guests
- Any food intolerances
- What is the mix of adults to children
- Robust crackers to use as vessels for scooping up thick dips
- Supply handy utensils – so less awkward to pick up some of the items
- Don’t forget the napkins/serviettes
25g (40mm) | 70 pc/bag | Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Vegan Friendly
TIP: Fill up gaps on the Platter – use some of these fillers which can really elevate a simple platter look: Nuts, pretzels, fresh herb sprigs, fresh rocket, bunches of grapes and fresh edible flowers.
Wild Chef can provide tasty, affordable and easy to prepare Function Food Solutions for you at any time of the year.
Remember that people eat with their eyes. Make sure your platter is full of different colours, textures and sauces to get people’s mouths watering.